Wednesday 8 May 2013

See you later, St. John's

Well, the time as come. My bags are (mostly) packed and I am heading off to Nova Scotia. This part of the journey isn't too bad because I am just going to Hali to hang out with some friends for the weekend and then to Antigonish. Just feels like I am heading back to school, so it is pretty good. Tall and Small pulled pork sammy, I am comin' for you.

Last night, I had a few clowns come by for mass amounts of food and some good conversation. I'll miss everyone at home dearly (especially since Scott won't make it home after running with the bulls, lets be serious). I am for real taking my going away present with me, actual useful information, thanks kids. I am yet to clean up the kitchen, so very sticky.

To everyone who popped by last night, and helped me get ready, or at least talked me through what I am about to do, I send my deepest thanks and love. You guys are the best, and I can't wait to come home and play Catan and cerveza facea and do DIYs with all of you again very soon. At least a chunk of my friends are super smart and got into MUN Med so I know they will be here when I get back (read: I am going to you with medical aliments I contracted/developed in Cameroon).

I am bringing such an embarrassing amount of luggage, but alas, that is that. I am bringing a little backpack and wheely carryon (typical), and I am checking two bags. The first, is my hiking pack, which I have no intentions of touching until I get to Cameroon, because if I move things I will never get it all back in. The second, is a bag for Antigonish, one to live out of for 3 weeks and then leave at Coady for when I get back. As a reminder I get back in winter, and (obviously) won't have any winter clothes with me.

Well HRM friends, Shila (shilaandbotswana.blogspot.ca), Steph (who still doesn't have a blog because she is a big loser) and I are having a going away party at the Alehouse this Saturday (May 11th). I really hope I see you there, questions / comments / concerns feel free to text/facebook.

In the meantime, I am reunited with some of my besties in preparation for the beginning of the end.

All my love,
Maura

No comments:

Post a Comment